Subject: Re: [Leica] Work in progress: Cooper's Hawk
From: Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 07:28:35 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Jack McLain <jmclainaz@comcast.net> wrote:

> I much prefer the first version, both from the perspective of a birder
> (which I am) as well as compositionally.
>
> The first version gives more keys to identification, I think is better
> exposed, and that out of focus leaf against the belly of the hawk inthe
> second version is distracting to me.
>
> Fine work..
> Jack McLain
> Tucson, AZ
> http://jackmclain-photography.dotcommunity.net

All valid points.  The choice of a "better" photo is influenced by the target audience; from a birder's perspective the first photo has more to offer.  I often try to find an alternate view of the bird, one I don't often see in a field guide, that is visually stimulating as well as offering some biological or ecological info.  I consider both of these works in progress because I want to combine the the technical quality (and then some) of the bird in the first photo with the visual attraction of the 2nd photo.  Thanks for commenting.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com