Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica Cassettes and the New MP
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infionline.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 19:47:43 -0400

At 05:38 PM 8/26/03 -0400, Saganich, Christopher/Medical Physics wrote:
>Does anyone have a classic M6 and use Leica cassettes.  I'm curious if the
base plate design is the same as the M4-2, with the hook protruding down.
I've seen photos of classic M6's with base plates that look as though they
will open the cassettes but without the hook.

Chris

Early (Wetzlar) M6's still had the locking lug on the baseplate.  This was
deleted when production shifted to Solms but old-style baseplates are still
available as repair parts.  Sometime late in the life of the M6, the size
of the cassette cylinder was reduced, rendering use of any of the cassettes
impossible, a situation apparently continued on the MP-New and the M7.

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Leica Cassettes and the New MP)