Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Leica 90mm f/4.0 Elmar C prices
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 21:28:13 -0700

Afterswift@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 8/26/03 4:53:12 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> msmall@infionline.net writes:
>
> > A number of Telyts do so, such as the 4.5/20cm.  I believe that all 4/9cm
> >  or 90mm Elmars stop down to either f/36 (European aperture scale) or f/32
> >  (International scale).
> >
> Still it's rare to find a lens for a 35mm that stops down to f32. I've never
> seen f32 on a Nikon lens.
>
> br
> --

My first Nikon lens the 45 GN 2.8 goes down to F 32 for those important
close-ups CB.

The new releases in effect of that lens by Consina/NIkon doesn't not
have the flash coupling feature so they just left that terrible F stop
out. The F stopped there. I'm still OK with the lens though.

>From what i could tell my results at f32 with a 45mm lens was very nice.

My new 60 macro AF (it flies) goes to 32,
My 70-210mm F4 AF Nikkor goes down to 32.

Micro-Nikkor 105mm f2.8 ais does.

My non AF 135 3.5 and 200 f4 both do it.

So that's almost half my lenes. But mine are quite old and often not AF
and often cost $99. My print point for whimsical buying.
"Hell it's not even a hundred bucks ($99.99) and it stops way down to F
32 what a deal!"

I'm reading an article in the "Classics Camera Magazine with the
Topcon's on the cover on Nikon glass for Leicas. One being made now!)
??? Lot's "then".

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com