Subject: [Leica] ....... Photo scandal at National Geographic!!!........
From: "TMLee" <clairetm@singnet.com.sg>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 02:14:37 +0800

Fantastically interesting read.....

sounds like an episode out of Ellery Queen or Matlock....

the efforts to explain the suspicions were truly laborious... and very
compelling........

I would expect the elaborations to start and end with the known animal
behaviour  section......

but they went a lot further into the technical aspects and really
strengthened their case for being suspicious ......

perhaps an axe to grind someone said..... but conversely, I thot it was
pretty responsible and decent of them to back up their claims all the way
and 'prove beyond all doubt"......  with detailed explanations and actually
trying out with similar stuffed models....

that they have taken such great lengths to explain their stand , is proof of
them being very serious about promoting nature and explaining mother nature
like it is.... that they have mentioned that the photog had a 'history' of
doctoring could mean that perhaps their interests have sufferred one too
many times before....

NG should give an equally detailed rebuttal......

peace
TMLee