Subject: Re: [Leica] M to R adapter - is there such a thing?
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 11:56:01 -0700

At 6:33 PM +0100 8/29/03, Ian Watts wrote:
>[Originally asked on Photo.net Leica forum so I apologise for 'cross
>posting' but I reason that the LUG is the best place to ask the following.]
>
>I've done some searches for information about mounting an M lens on an R
>body but haven't found much of use. I know that you can fairly easily get
>adapters to mount R lenses onto M bodies (obviously without rangefinder
>coupling). I also know that mounting M lenses onto R bodies will involve
>losing infinity focus. However, even accepting that loss of infinity focus,
>is mounting an M lens onto an R body a practical proposition. I'm not sure
>how much effective extension will be involved here so I'm not sure how much
>effective focussing range you will get. Anybody done this? I'm interested in
>trying a couple of my M lenses (specifically a 50/2 and a 75/1.4) on either
>an R body or an EOS digital (via M-to-R and Novoflex R-to-EOS adapter). If
>it works it might make for some interesting macro or very tight headshot
>portrait stuff?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Ian Watts

Even with a very thin adapter, with the 50 you'd barely get both eyes
in; with the 75, you might also be able to include the whole nose and
eybrows, or a very tight headshot of a cat.

Few people look good at this close range, and cats might object as well :-)

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com