Subject: [Leica] Noctilux
From: rclompus@cox.net
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 16:01:47 -0400

I've had my Noctilux for 6 years.  I don't use as pften as I thought
due to my attachment to the 50mm Summicron.  But when I do use
it, it makes images like no  other lens in the world.  Every time I see
images from it, I say to myself, "I've got to use it  more often".  I
guess its the weight that makes it so much easier to grab the
Summicron when I travel with one lens.

Everytime I've sold a Leica lens, I've regretted it.  Like when I sold
the last generation 35mm Summicron to buy the aspheric version.
There was just something about that lens I miss.  I guess I'm just
too much into optics to let  a piece of glass and metal go for
money.

Richard Clompus
Roanoke, VA

Replies: Reply from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (RE: [Leica] Noctilux)