Subject: Re: [Leica] Not quite PAW, but please could you take a look
From: "Jack McLain" <jmclainaz@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 14:37:23 -0700

Simon:
I think this is quite good.  This portrait oozes character.  You have
communicated a warm human personality to the viewer.

My only critical suggestion is that as a portrait perhaps a tighter crop
would work (surprised to hear myself say that; as a general rule I dont go
in for cropping much).

I also dont see the relevance of the fact that she is in a nursing home.
There are no artifacts present that tell this part of the story, and this
images does not need that background information to make it successful. This
is not an environmental portrait, simply a great capture of an inner person.

Cheers
Jack McLain
Tucson, AZ
http://jackmclain-photography.dotcommunity.net