Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux-Survey
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 06:38:20 -0700

Joseph Yao  siad interestingly...
>> Now the Nokton 35/1.2 ASPH has become my most used lens.<<<<

G'day Joseph,
I know I'm about to sound like a Noctilux heretic and undoubtly will be
flogged for a hundred lashes at 6 for admitting this.... ;-) But......

I too find myself using the Nokton 35/ f 1.2 ASPH more and more. Why? I'm
not sure exactly what it is, but it handles well, focuses quickly with the
larger focus ring. And of course at f 1.2 it cuts quite an incredible image
either colour or B&W film.

As much as I've used my Leica 35mm f 1.4 Summilux since 1967 as the main
companion lens to the Noctilux when carrying two cameras, the Nokton has
more or less replaced the Summilux. And I fined it's beginning to over
shadow the Noctilux in many cases.

And I have to say, "I wish I had it for the first 5 months of this year
while Sandy & I were shooting "Women in Medicine." But that was then and
this is now and the 35 f 1.2 Nokton is one cracker jack lens.

It will never replace my very longtime companion Noctilux! ;-) Not after all
the stuff we've gone through in the past 30 years plus. ;-) And for those
who remember the,
"bovine incident" :-) I mean cow shit coverage :-) how could I ever put it
aside.
ted

"Doctors' Work" book..... www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant
Ted Grant Photography Limited