Subject: Re: [Leica] National Geographic scandal
From: Steve LeHuray <steve@streetphoto.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 15:17:15 -0400

> Um, you seem to be forgetting TIME (with its own mistakes, still pretty
> good), Sports Illustrated, the magazine formerly known as LIFE. And no
> matter how far they have sunk, they can certainly hold their heads up
> with pride that they haven't sunk as low as AOL.
>
> On Sunday, August 31, 2003, at 08:05  AM, Steve LeHuray wrote:
>
>> Agreed! We are a "People Magazine" culture -- lowest common denominator
>> wins.
> --
> Eric

Eric -- "People Magazine culture" went over your head, I should have added
Reality TV, Britany Spears, Arnold Whaz-iz-name, Hillary Clinton, The
Simpsons, etc, etc. Those who control the media in the US play down to the
lowest common denominator rather than trying to raise the standard. TIME
magazine is a mere shadow of its former self.

No matter how you cut it we here in the US are all part of a "People
Magazine" culture. Give it some thought.

sl