Subject: RE: [Leica] PJ standards -- Like Caesar's wife
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 12:01:13 -0400

You don't understand the value to a news organization of going digital
because you have not been part of a daily news organization. The saving
in time and money is, ultimately, huge. And, forget the money, the
savings in time is particularly important. Going digital means being
able to sanely shoot closer to deadline - and it does not degrade the
final product. Additionally, for all the moaning and debate here about
the longevity of digital files, it is not only a good bet, it's a sure
thing, that the NYT will convert its digital photo files from media to
media, making them accessible far into the future; you're not talking
here about some photo hobbiest at his home in Akron, with his home PC
that he may not update in time to preserve his own archives.

B. D.