Subject: Re: [Leica] Computer question
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 14:11:43 EDT

In a message dated 9/1/03 10:43:13 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
michiel.fokkema@wanadoo.nl writes:

> Windows seems to be affordable
>  because, of their agressive marketing, it is already installed when you
>  buy a PC.
In comparison to the dearth of software Apples supplies with a new computer,
Dell includes MS Word and a lot of other very useful utilities found under the
Accessories group. That was certainly true when I bought my PC back in 1998.
And the cloven mouse was a definite PC plus. I don't see the PC mfgs getting
excited by the fact that Intel hasn't produced a competitive 64-bit processor
to compete with Apple's, but maybe they don't need to given the fact that there
aren't many applications that are written to take advantage of those 64
channels. It seems that 32 is more than enough to permit PS to do its stuff very
fast indeed. And the iMac isn't running 64 bits yet.

br