Subject: RE: [Leica] PJ standards -- Like Caesar's wife - storage media for digital
From: "Phong" <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 14:55:28 -0400

I meant "serious home use".

For me to save photos in uncompressed TIFF (for relatively
quick access), 4.7 Gig holds what ? about 200-250 images ?
That's good but not all that great.  That's from a 6Mpix
DSLR (so 18Mbytes per image, in 8-bit color). It's much
worse if you scan in high resolution, especially  for
medium and large formats.  So I easily generate that
much data.

The real question is how much of that stuff is really
worth keeping ?

- - Phong