Subject: [Leica] 97210 National Geographic is us.
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 12:13:34 -0700

Parochial Geographic

PIcking up dinner last night i was scanning the scanner; Drudging
through the Globe.
Sniffing through the  Smoking Gun, Gazing throughthe Star Magazine

Enquirering through the National Enquirer

lost going through the National Geographic right next to these tabs. 	.	.	.	.

My Neigherhood where ia've lived for 25 years. NW Portland

That's the NW of the NW. As people think of Portland as the Great NW.
(OK Seatle)

http://magma.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0309/feature6/assignment1.html

"Chapman Elementary School has a huge brick chimney that is the world's
largest migratory gallery for Vaux's swifts. A lot of them live in
Forest Park during warm months, but just before the fall migration about
40,000 of them roost inside the chimney. At the same time each night,
around dusk, they swirl down like a tornado, and hundreds of people sit
on the school lawn to watch. It's like gathering for Fourth of July
fireworks. Sometimes hawks come and pick the swifts out in midair—nature
red in tooth and claw, right before your eyes. In past years the pupils
were afraid that turning on the heating system would hurt the birds, so
they voted to keep it off and just wear sweaters to school until the
swifts were gone. With help from the local Audubon club, the school has
since installed a new heating system that bypasses the roosting chimney
altogether, so now the birds have it all to themselves. "

Yes yes yes perfect Noctilux fodder.

I don't know if it says anything about my neighborhood but all the
photos were done with a jig saw patch together approach.

Darkman check this out!   Also the Photographer said rain and big trees
made for no light.

No Noct.

No canon F1, no Nikon POC 50 F1. 2 or 28 F1. 4

800 color neg flim.

(I know I know they wont take it)

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA