Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux -
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 20:28:13 -0700

Slobodan Dimitrov wrote:

>  While yes emotions can run deep, but is that the only consideration? I
> think not. Certain achievements of excellence have a timelessness to them
> that can far outlive the period that brought them into fruition.
> I think that the Noctilux, even once the wet chemical craft has run its
> course, will somehow be integrated into the platforms of the newer
> technologies.
> Slobodan Dimitrov

I love my current but realized that many think the previous with more
"imperfections" were where high art met craft and engineering
excellence. I'm bracing for a pressed Asph remake starring a much lesser
Baldwin Brother.

The Nikon 1.2 is so small in comparison and that cant be that new of a formula.

When they remake the new Noct the size of a Summilux with scoop outer
element it will be a work of art to me.

We'll all argue about the bokeh. It will be better. Better Bokeh. Raw
Raw Raw!! Nec Nec Nec!!

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com