Subject: Re: [Leica] Computer question
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 22:51:49 -0700

There is nothing even remotely as good as Photoshop. Not GIMP, not
Fireworks, not Graphic Converter, nothing. Photoshop stands alone as
the poster child for "Best of Breed" as a concept.

Linux' may be cool for geeks, but it's still not ready for average
people's desktops. And the fact that many in the Linux community don't
agree only shows how out of touch they are with average computer users.
Apple and Microsoft are the only alternatives for mom and dad. And my
folks just dumped Windows because it was driving them nuts. And with
the virus scourge of the past few weeks, they're feeling pretty good
about their choice to go Apple. (Okay, so I twisted their arms a tiny
bit.) :-)

On Monday, September 1, 2003, at 09:15  PM, Phong wrote:

> By the way, I decided to go for Photoshop basically
> for this last reason.  While other imaging applications
> may be just as good,

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging. - Will Rogers.