Subject: [Leica] Digital M
From: "Michael E. Berube" <MEB@GoodPhotos.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 14:05:11 -0400

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 08:14:55 -0700 (PDT), HP asked for a digital camera that would provide...
>acceptable image quality when set to 400 or 800 ASA, fast lens,
>minumum f2.0, preferably f1.4 quick start, no moterised zoom that
>takes 10 seconds to rake out and makes funny noises no exotic and
>expensive memory cards or batteries, compact flash and AA
>(rechargeable) batteries
>
>Any suggestions?

A Nikon D100 with an AF50/1.4 used in MF mode.
A bit bulkier than my M4 but actually about the same weight with the above lens.
Usues CF card standard and AAs are available for it, though I prefer the ever lasting Lithium Ion rechargeables that the D100 ships with.
If you REALLY need to, I suppose that you could use Leica R glass on it with the right modifications or adapters.

Carpe Luminem,
Michael Eric Berube
www.GoodPhotos.com

Replies: Reply from tripspud <tripspud@transbay.net> ([Leica] Kodachrome 200 pulled out of Europe's market...)