Subject: Re: [Leica] New photos
From: Ken Firestone <kenf@speakeasy.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 13:25:38 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003, Ted Grant wrote:

   bdcolen offered:
   > I may come across at times as a mean, demented s.o.b, but no way would I
   > EVER do to people what she did to her victims, uh, subjects.:-)
   >
   > B. D.
   > Not A Diane Arbus Fan<<<<

   Hi B.D.,
   Well you can chalk me up big time as another non-admirer of her degrading
   pictures of unfortunate human beings. Regardless what some people think are
   works of art!:-(

   I've seen her as an opportunist taking advantage of human beings who were
   already being exploited by others and all she did was add to the
   exploitation.

   Besides all she did was use the medium of photography to capture the image
   of these unfortunate souls and it didn't take any great photographic eye or
   skill to shoot what she did. Like stand there ... SNAP... next! Not much
   talent required to do that.

I had a freind once who during a discussion of Ms. Arbus expressed the
opinion that she was crying with her subjects. She was pretty messed
up herself.