Subject: RE: [Leica] Shooting in the middle of nowhere...
From: feli2@earthlink.net
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 16:08:22 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Kit-

I was planning on taking the following:

M2, M6TLL, 35/50/90
Xpan with one lens

or

M2, M6TTL 35/50
90 on the R6.2 or M  (most likely the M)

I think it would be a bad idea to take only one M body.
If it fell into a river or off a cliff I would be up the creek without a paddle.
;-)

I don't exactly subscribe to the "spray and pray" method of shooting, where you
burn through yards of film and hope that you have a lucky accident. I also don't like
to drag along an arsenal of lenses and cameras. I think it was Ansel Adams who said
that if you take too much gear along you always end up having the wrong lens on the camera
at the moment of the shot. Experience tells me that you end up burning a lot of film at
a cultural event. If you shot 10 rolls at 10 events, you would need 100 rolls just for that.
Add another 25-50 rolls to that as padding.  This is not only going to be a vation, but it's a shooting
project I'm thinking about giving a shot.  As Tina said, there's nothing worse than running out of film.
My main question was how do you transport that much film. Bulk rolls vs ready load cartridges.
;-)

feli