Subject: Re: [Leica] Photo scandal at National Geographic!!!
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 23:03:06 EDT

In a message dated 9/2/03 6:49:41 PM, tim@KairosPhoto.com writes:

<< > A photograph is as real as a sentence or paragraph written by a
> journalist. It is, not an absolute, but from the very beginning an
> interpretation of "reality". >>

Except that not everything in a photo can be controlled, while I can
carefully select every preposition, every article, every verb, every noun, every
adjective -- nothing can be in that sentence that I don't want to be there.
But when I photograph outside a studio on the street there is detail, light,
subjects I can't select that I must include whether I like it or not.

br