Subject: Re: [Leica] New photos/Arbus
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 17:51:47 -0700

George Lottermoser wrote:

> Mark - I was present for the last Sontag bashing - I'm simply attempting to elicit meaningful criticism of the critic. I find the endless application of negative adjectives less than useful in understanding the distaste or the thinking of the taster. As an aside - I suspect that virtually every subject discussed on this list has deep data in the archives.
>
> mark@rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)9/3/03
>
> >George we have several archives on this about a mile wide total. Some
> >recent. Pleased check it out. I'd say about slightly more than half like
> >her. Maybe 2/3's. That means shes OK. She goes to secular heaven.
> >Not sure if the liberal conservative; intellectual anti-intellectual
> >thing lines up or not.
>
> Fond regards,

Well George I found some of the Sontag thing to be amazingly meaningful
givin the always unexpected and often highest quality input. It was
something about my lug experience which impressed me the most.

We did return to it a few times.

 I'd read her closely and liked her. A few things bugged me.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com