Subject: Re: [Leica] Computer question
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 02:29:43 EDT

In a message dated 9/3/03 10:26:58 PM, eric@jphotog.com writes:

<< How many four year old PCs could run WIndows XP when it came out? There

were computers less than a year old that couldn't run it. My parents

were marooned on Windows 98 with a custom-built computer that was

bought AFTER Windows XP was released and it couldn't run the new OS.

They finally deep-sixed the PC and listened to me. And are very glad

they did. >>

My Dell R450 that I bought late in 1998 can run Windows XP. But I'll never
buy it for the R450 because it will muck up all my carefully selected utilities
from all over the world.

br