Subject: RE: [Leica] PHOTOGRAPHY; PHOTOGRAPHERS; Leicas
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 13:16:06 -0400

How did this train roar of track so bleeping fast?

I post a message about a show about the making of the movie "The
Misfits," a show featuring many still photos taken on the set of the
movie by a large group of Magnum photographers, including HCB. And the
next thing you know we're talking about mundane stills shot of the PLAY,
The Crucible, and then the question is asked whether the quality of the
photos is related to B&W.....
Ohmigod.

Well....anyone who is interested in seeing the stuff that HCB, Elliot
Erwitt - I believe - Inge Morath and other Magnum photographers shot of
MM, Clark Gable, Montgomery Cliff, Eli Walach, etc., during the making
of THE MISFITS - ys, screen play by Arthur Miller, Directed by Elia
Kazan - check out the PBS Great Performances Making of The Misfits. NOT
the American Masters show about Kazan and Miller - although that was
fascinating for other reasons.

B. D.
Wondering if it's the weather....