Subject: Re: [Leica] That 6 megapixel digital leica rob was asking about....
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 21:34:31 -0700

Afterswift@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 9/4/03 5:54:19 PM, mark@rabinergroup.com writes:
>
> << You mean it was super thin?
>
> just slightly thin and a couple or more minutes didn't fix the problem?
>  >>

> Mark,
>
> However I change Xtol, I'm never satisfied. Contrast in the negs don't
> satisfy me. T-Max developer works like my old favorite, D-76, but it's in liquid
> form, which is why I like it.
>
> br
> --
Not to make to fine a point of it except in some defence of Xtol but
Liquid D-76 the T-Max developer ain't.

D-76 is propelled by Metal and Hydroquinone supercharged by
revolutionary (then I think) Borax. (soft)

 Metol and Hydroquinone being the most famous superadditive developer
combination. One developer supports the other; who would have thought!!!

At one to one you've got 50 grms of sulfite to give use the grain we
think of as "normal" default."
I call sharp mush. ANd edge effects.

Straight it's mush mush and blocked up highlights. ... but other than
that a perfectly nice developer!   :)

I recommend what we did in school which is to give it 1:3.

If you don't want to read to the end Xtol 1:1 or 1:2 even will give you
snap that even Maynard G. Krebs would envy.
Diggit daddy oh! snap snap!

Phenidone- Hydroquinone in the T-Max developer is very unlike Metal hydroquinone.

PQ*MQ does not equal.
How and why later maybe if anyone cares.

I'm watching "Identity"  WOW!!!!

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com