Subject: Re: [Leica] Quebecois?
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 01:34:45 EDT

In a message dated 9/4/03 9:24:58 PM, jerryleh@pacbell.net writes:

<< Strange, every New Yorker I've met put ketchup on chips, (what you
call "French Fried Potatoes")

Where in the Northwest are you?

Jerry >>
Aha! We were on the wrong wavelengths. To me chips mean potato chips of the
Wise variety. Now Fries are entirely different. A lot of folks paint their hot
oil-treated sliced spuds with ketchup. Including me. Put in linguistic
context, for example, fish and chips, chips then assume the shape of fries. Context
is all.

br