Subject: Re: [Leica] My Gallery
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 19:34:31 -0700

Sonny Carter said:
> I've been re-organizing my gallery, and if you get a chance, please poke
around there.

> http://www.sonc.com/gallery.htm<<<

Hi Sonny,
And a finer gallery if I ever saw one! :-)

When we see your work in one collection as shown here, it completely
reinforces your ability as a photographer. Well done as it's quite
immpressive and fascinating in the cross section of subjects each as solidly
shot as the other.

I thought what was neat, was going along and remembering various photographs
and saying to myself... "I remember that one damn it's as good as when I
first saw it !:-)

The magic displayed here is a learning lesson for all.... It's the Light!!!
Regardless what some may think, the most important and first rule of good
pictures is seeing how the light works to your advantage, understanding it
completely in the visual sense, using it to enhance every picture you take.

No it isn't the main item 100%, but very close, as sometimes it's the volume
of light for an exposure and the content that make the impact. But above all
other aspects, the most important element of any photograph is the value and
quality of the light on your subject and the photographers ability to
recognize it and make it work to their advantage.

It's always Light - eyes - content - action.
ted