Subject: [Leica] Re: Follow up on Xtol dilutions
From: JCB <jcb@visualimpressions.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 21:50:27 -0700

At 07:53 PM 9/7/2003 -0700, Mark Rabiner wrote:

>By the way doing continuous agatation like the Jobo you should try
>thinner dilutions than 1:3 folks.
>
>  Like 1:4 and be there. I bet it works. Works better. Work Work Work.
>
>Mark Rabiner

This won't work because you use less than 1/2 a tank of solution on a JOBO.
If you use more, you can't get it in, and it pours out if you do.
Therefore, max solution for four rolls of 220 is 850ml. Four rolls of 220,
according to Kodak, should have 800 ml if Xtol itself. This leaves no room
for dilution. At 1:1, you get basically 50 ml per 35mm roll, at 1:3 you get
25ml per roll.

Xtol and dilutions above 1:1 are risky unless you don't fill the tank with
film. run two rolls in a four roll tank.

JB