Subject: Re: [Leica] has anyone done the MP viewfinder change in his m6 classic?
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@panix.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 07:10:20 -0400

sorry for the misunderstanding.  unfortunately, the body in
question was an .85 classic, so it's not so easily replaced.
(maybe put the viewfinder/rangefinder into a chrome m6 classic--
what an exciting thought!!)

and, i do exaggerate slightly.   the MR4 meter "squashed flat
as a june bug" was fixed by Quality Light Metric for $150.  george
pounded out the shell (i was the new one he had given me in the
spring) and replaced the board.

i did focusing tests with the surviving m3 and m6 .72 and the 9 lenses
i had shipped and amazingly the noctilux and 75 lux and 90 AA cron all
focused exactly at 6 and 12 feet wide open.

- -rei

On Sun, Sep 07, 2003 at 10:41:39PM -0700, Jerry Lehrer wrote:
> Rei
>
> I am talking about the Fed Ex job on your camera.  I am fully aware
> of the Leica Mod on the viewfinder.  As a member of LUG, I read
> Kit's message to us as well as you did.
>
> Jerry

- --
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com