Subject: Re: [Leica] Electronics vs. mechanics
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@panix.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 15:07:32 -0400

actually VCRs have a large amount of moving parts--most of them plastic--
doing an awful number of complicated things when you push "play." it amazes
me that they can make VCRs for $80 and not so surprising when they break
after a couple of years.  DVD players and VCRs may be reaching price parity,
but it seems to me that a DVD player should cost a fraction of what a VCR
costs.

- -rei