Subject: [Leica] tu quoque
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 01:10:10 EDT

> And I am not including myself in either category, as it's up to
>  others to judge the former, and as even I wouldn't be deluded enough to
>  include myself in the later group, particularly as I've already made it
>  quite clear that I think you're a pedantic pseudo-intellectual who has
>  contributed nothing but annoyance since first making your appearance
>  here.;-))
The little reference above to a pseudo whatever reminded me of the youngish
college professor who always sauntered across the campus sporting an elegant
cane. He was regarded as something of a Parisian dandy or boulevardier by
students, completely out of place in the US. They laughed behind his back. During a
fire drill it came out that he had a prosthetic leg -- the original torn away
by a mortar shell in some damned warlet. He needed that cane as insurance
against falling when he walked outdoors. The cane was no affectation. The
professor and his cane were the genuine goods.

Give yourself a good kick. It will do you good. I'm going to use a fancy word
to put icing on this little epistle: tu quoque.

br

Replies: Reply from "Richard F. Man" <richard@imagecraft.com> (RE: [Leica] tu quoque)