Subject: Re: [Leica] weekly picture
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@imagecraft.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 13:55:50 -0700

At 04:08 PM 9/9/2003 -0400, Afterswift@aol.com wrote:
> > Ability to spot a moment in a child's life? Holy God! He spotted a cute
> >  kid, framed nicely, and shot - as she seemed to wave him off. It's a
> >  nice shot - but "fearless use of distortion?" What the +_#$)*(#%*&# are
> >  you talking about. As I believe I have stated before - what pathetic art
> >  school bullshit.
> >
>Just like that. Spotted a cute kid who wasn't cute. Her hair was a disheveled
>mess. She was no beauty. The photographer, using a WA lens, nevertheless
>emphasized her face, which is what the image is about. You missed everything.
>I respectfully suggest that you cool down the rhetoric and really read the
>English and look at the photograph carefully. Count to a million. Then
>post. You
>might have something insightful to say about the photo instead of demeaning
>someone else.

I think both interpretations are valid :-)

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, nothing more, but if the beholder
chooses to assign meanings, they may have a point too. Thus begins the
eternal struggle between critics, viewers, and the artists.

Personally, on this one, I have to agree with BD. Not that it matters :-)

// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com>