Subject: RE: [Leica] Riefenstahl Dies
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infionline.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 20:02:00 -0400

At 11:04 AM 9/9/03 -0400, bdcolen wrote:
>She was an unapologetic Nazi propagandist - a true believer in Hitler's
>greatness. Shed not a tear, and be sure there is a very warm spot
>waiting for her, deep beneath our feet - if one believes in such places
>or concepts.;-)

BD

That is bullcrap, and you know it.  After she filmed the OLYMPIAD in 1936,
she did no other work for the Nazis and never was a social acquaintance of
any of the Party Bonzen save for Albert Speer, with whom she had a long and
rather flamboyant affair.

Read her autobiography, published about a decade back, to see how distant
she was from any Nazi roots.  She was simply a cinematographer who was
hired to make two films for the President of her nation.  She was not a
Party member, she attended no Party functions other than those which she
filmed, and her meetings with Hitler and Goebbels were both quite rare and
quite brief.

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!