Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS: ceremony conclusion... NOW: CASKET PORTRAIT! :-)
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 19:33:06 -0700

 Afterswift@aol.com asked:
> Whose eyes did he print in? Or did he actually mask, airbrush or paint in
his
> own conception of her eyes on the print? A fabulous story that's a keeper.
> What darkroom technique!<<<

I didn't see the finished prints as I went on an assignment the next day for
a few weeks and by the time I returned the daughter had picked them up.

However, he did several things I saw later in similar "eye re-touching!" ;-)
He masked them and printed in another set of eyes from other negs.

He was way ahead of his time with talent, but he'd trained in the UK and
shooting for his own studio a great number of years when re-touching was
done on the negatives, obviously 4X5 and larger.

He did a very good "Photoshop fix" manually through the skill of his
experience on all kinds of re-touching and creating prints.
ted