Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 High Speed Sync [was: Glamour...Glamour..Glamour Contest - Steve Unsworth's shot]
From: Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 18:10:43 -0500

>It ONLY works with the Metz 54 MZ-3 and all the settings are done on
>the flash itself. Works at 1/250, 1/500, and 1/1000 only, and it
>does it by firing several times and exposing the negative in
>sections. Manual (not TTL or Auto) only, though it can be set for
>partial power down to 1/64 in 1/3 stop increments.

What???? Not having the boat anchor (metz),  I'm surprised/INCENSED
that TTL doesn't work with HSS on the M7.  Sheesh! And not even auto
mode? What are we supposed to do, pull out our flash meters?  By that
point, we might as well have brought along our Olympus XA cameras and
taken the photo.

Bummed out in MN.

KN

- --