Subject: Re: [Leica] Here's my own post for the day.
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 19:55:43 -0700

Jeff S wrote:

> Wouldn't it have been easier to buy a Canon instead?
> You can get adapter rings to fit Nikkor and Leica R
> glass, and the TTL meter works too, only stopped-down.
> Kind of ironic, but it might be easier to use older
> Nikkor glass on a Canon body than a new Nikon!

The first Canon rangefidner body came with Nikon glass.

> Awhile back I thought about buying either a new
> Pentax, Nikon or Minolta SLR but the darndest thing
> was that because I want a macro, a PC lens and a
> fisheye, the Leica R ended up being sorta competitive!
> Lots of used 3-cam Leica glass out there at good
> prices, but not so many ROM'd Nikkor PC and fisheye
> lenses going cheap, and I've never seen a Pentax PC
> lens at a swap meet, but B&H lists new ones at over
> $1200. Could've sworn I've seen the newer-gen Leica
> equivalent going for under $1K not so long ago.
>
> Current plan is to eventually use Leica R glass on
> Canon D-SLR "eBay Cam" body. Who knows, maybe the
> Leica Glow will fetch higher bid prices for me ;-)
>
> Jeff

Nikon and Canon and Leica are all old companies with Much to go back to.
And lots of sharing - Mix and match back then wouldn't it be great if it
happened now on SLR's? Rangefinders even.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com