Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M Apo-Summicron 90/2,0 ASPH in black paint
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 02:59:32 -0700

Jerry Lehrer wrote:

> Manny
>
> "Somewhat heavier"?  Have you ever seen the difference in weight?
>
> Where is that "ultra lightweight 90mm with 'non-glass' (plastic)
> internal elements" that my inside source lied about?
>
> Jerry
>
> Emanuel Lowi wrote:
>
> > Johan Ericson wrote:
> > >
> > >So, finally an end to all rumours – The “new” M-lens is no official!
> > >Martin at Photografica just posted this on their website:
> > >
> > >"Leica will in early october start to ship the new Leica M Apo-Summicron
> > >90/2,0 ASPH in black paint.
> > >This massive beatifull shinning lens will match a millenium, øresundsbron
> > >Leica M6TTL or the new Leica MP in black paint."
> > >

> > Anyone know if this lens -- like the other recent black paint versions -- will be
> > somewhat heavier than the black anodized equivalent? Whether it will be styled
> > somewhat differently (like the 50/1.4, unlike the 35/2 ASPH)?
> >
> > Emanuel Lowi
> > Montreal
> > --
It must be a reality then if "Martin from Photografica" posted it on the internet.
Not the word from God. I didnt have to look up "God" on the internet
with Goggel.
(OK I Just did. No site.)
And I don't know him from God. ooops

>From the Photografica site, in his blurb:

"...Leica M6 with lenses from 21 to 135mm.
Some radical changes in Martins camerabag has recently occured.
                     Gone is the wellknown Leica reflex cameras. Now a
Contax N1 + 17-35 is his 35mm reflexcamer  a. Most pictures are taken
with the Contax 645 with lenses fra 35-350mm. These lenses is also used
on the N1. For larger formats (and for fun) martin uses a Linhof
Technika Master > with a few lenses. All outputs are made on a Apple G3
with a Imacon Flextight Photo on a Epson Stylus Photo 1290"

I'm not going to pick on his G3 as the G5 comes out I have respect for
genuine relics.

Now VERY heavy into Contax and now wants us to think Leica, the system
he'd really have no apparent time left over to shoot with is putting
plastic glass in its lenses. You mean the ones he's selling on Ebay?
(sickjoke) Why would one care or not care when one's shooting with
his/her new toys.
A "Linhof Technika Master"*. "now lets get a few with the Leica to back
that up" Sure. After the shots with the new 645 system with the 5 second
shutter lag and one set of batteries per three rolls.
Just another internet unsubstantiated rumor from the people behind the
glass counters in the camera stores with computers and internet assess
and the people who listen to them. Exceptions exist of course. Your
mileage may vary. I have friends who sell cameras. Most don't. Or arent.
I'm normally not so anti personal and of course this is mostly
conjecture as I'm not wonderfully psychic. But spreading the word that
Leica puts plastic instead of glass in their lenses is some kind of anti
personal and and corporate sick joke which I'd laugh it if it were not
so obvious. Seeing it on the LUG amazes me.
The people who make and market and shoot with Leica deserve better.

* http://www.adorama.com/skudooraid003925.tpl?sku=LF56

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com