Subject: [Leica] Once An...Always An...
From: "Buzz Hausner" <buzz.hausner@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 17:38:57 -0400

No, Brrrr, my observation is that Gene Smith was just an ass hole.  He
was a great photographer, one of the towering figures of Twentieth
Century photography, but still a congenital ass hole.  The two
characteristics are wholly independent of one another.  I never met the
man, but Picasso sure sounds like he was an ass hole, too.  Now consider
Ted Grant; Ted is definitely the total opposite of an ass hole, and he
is a great photographer, too.  If you have never had the pleasure of
spending a long evening with Ted, you've really missed one of life's
most enjoyable experiences.  After five minutes with Gene Smith I always
seemed to need to leave and get a breath of fresh air.

	Buzz