Subject: Re: [Leica] Now Departing...Your Favorite Specialty Camera Store
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 17:46:07 EDT

In a message dated 9/20/03 1:19:05 PM, garcia@chesco.com writes:

<< As volumes drop for film,
get ready for the disappearance of all but a few types of film, a
dramatic increase in prices, and much slower turn-around times for
developing and printing/mounting.  I believe that we will be able to
enjoy our Leicas in 2020, but the 36 exposure roll of C-41 film will
sell for the equivalent of $15-25 in 2003 dollars.    >>

For that to happen, AF P&S digitals will have to drop to $100.  Meanwhile
film is constantly improving and film cameras will incorporate digital LCD
previewers. B&W and the advantage of negatives will still favor film.
Film is also valuable for verification in a number of fields. Also take into
consideration all those folks who can't come to terms with computers, much
less digitals. And there are millions of film cameras out there that folks will
continue to use. As film cameras become lighter and faster, consumers will have
second thoughts about digital. This scenario is just as valid as its opposite.

br