Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: monitor recomendations?
From: Mike Quinn <mlquinn.mail@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 12:50:21 -0700

I'd consider a 19" CRT rather than a 17".
The Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 900u is a good 19" flat-screen (CRT).
It's the same size as an old 17" monitor.
(I personally prefer the 21" 2020u, but it's a bit bigger).

Flat panels are fine for viewing images, but not so good for adjusting
contrast and color balance. Contrast and colors on flat panels tend to look
different depending on your viewing angle. (Laptops are particularly bad
since their viewing angle changes every time you move the lid). I can move
my head around to see the best image on my laptop when viewing, but if I
move while editing I sometimes find myself trying to correct my bad posture
with Photoshop. This is rarely good for the print. The external CRT is more
consistent.

Mike Quinn