Subject: Re: [Leica] Now Departing...Your Favorite >Specialty Camera Store
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 17:00:16 -0700

Yeah,  yeah, we all know the say way people railed against Herbert
Keppler almost killing rangefinder cameras by pimping those
flash-in-the-pan SLRs.

Well, those of us who have lived that long! :-)

On Sunday, September 21, 2003, at 12:08  AM, Afterswift@aol.com wrote:

> The camera mfgs have saturated the market with film reflexes and P&S.
> The
> digital camera was heaven sent to restore volume by generating
> repeated sales
> using the computer SOP of obsolescence by the month. The media is
> pushing digital
> because ads pay well. A publishing how-to genre is revived. For all we
> know
> all the hoopla could be skin deep.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

"If we had time for more meetings, we would have made more mistakes."
Leon Trotsky