Subject: Re: [Leica] Now Departing...Your Favorite Specialty Camera Store
From: Ken Firestone <kenf@speakeasy.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 17:04:51 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003, Rolfe Tessem wrote:

   Don Dory wrote:

   I would say the biggest problem for a traditional lab is that the
   drugstores and Walmarts and Costcos now have the same equipment as the
   pro labs do, and it becomes increasingly hard for the pro labs to
   justify the higher margins. I'm talking about printers here, not dip and
   dunk versus roller processors.

But hopefully the pro labs won't wipe the floor with your film like
Costco does when they get overwhelmed with customers.