Subject: Re: [Leica] New Leica Macro-Elmar M 90/4
From: simonogilvie@totalise.co.uk
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 23:29:31 +0100

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 16:13:28 -0400
P2CON@aol.com wrote:

>OK BD, and all the rest of you nay-sayers -
>
>I think there is a bit of snobbery going on here.

Hooray for Paul!  What a bunch of negative two-faced
hypocrits you lot are!  Whatever Leica comes out with
you'll jump in as soon as possible to criticize, but
then you jump down GeeBee's throat for using something
other than a Leica!

Personally, I find the idea of a compact '90 with some
close-focus ability quite attractive.  I often leave
my 90 Summicron at home 'cos it's too heavy for the
small Leica outfit I prefer to carry, so this would
fit neatly in my setup.  It's a pity it's not an
Elmarit, but I suppose that would have added too much
weight.  It would fit nicely with a Tri-Elmar as a
complete vacation outfit to do almost anything, and
I bet it's optically superb like the rest of Leica's
glass.

So stop criticizing and wait until you've tried it.
After all, it's a niche in the market that the death
of the visoflex created, and if it helps to keep
Leica afloat we should all be applauding it!

Simon.

- ---- Message sent via Totalise Webmail - http://www.totalise.co.uk/

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] New Leica Macro-Elmar M 90/4)