Subject: Re: [Leica] New Leica Macro-Elmar M 90/4
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 16:32:17 -0600

A recomputed 50/1.4 would be nice. How about 50/2 with more flare
resistance? Those two aside, I am actually pretty darn happy with the
current lens line up. I have the 24A, 35/1.4A, 50/2(3), 50/1, 90AA,
late 135/2.8 and a 135/4.5/Viso for my macro.

You know what would be handy is a parallax corrector along the lines of
what Mamiya made for their TLR. Loose the eyes on the 90/4 and use a
tripod. Once focused, flip the parallax lever and bingo what you saw is
what you get. As it is, with the eyes on the 90, the background you see
at 0.5m will not be what is recorded on the film.

Oh god, what am I saying? This is the kind of thinking that generated
this 90/4 goggled monster in the first place. Use an SLR or Viso for
macro! Rangefinders have their pluses but macro will never be one of
them.

John Collier