Subject: Re[2]: [Leica] Grocery Items
From: Sonny Carter <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 19:07:16 -0700

Hello Afterswift,

Aac> In a message dated 9/23/03 2:43:40 PM, sonc@sonc.com writes:

Aac> << http://www.sonc.com/grocery_items.htm >>

Aac> Sonny,

Aac> Here's photography that teaches city people something about farming. A hog
Aac> trap including corn to lure the hogs? Or am I getting it all wrong?

Aac> br

Yes, but it is not farm hogs.  In these parts, we have a problem with
feral hogs. They are descendants of domestic hogs, but have returned to
the wild. Sometimes people allowed the hogs to range free, and that
caused the problem. They ruin crops, compete  with wildlife for food, and threaten humans and domestic livestock by spreading disease,
and can even physically attack animals and humans.

There are thousands of them in Texas and Louisiana, and they thrive in
this area.  They are hunted and trapped, anything to reduce their
numbers.    Hence the traps.

Sonny

Aac> To unsubscribe, see
Aac> http://mejac.palo-alto.ca.us/leica-users/unsub.html