Subject: Re: [Leica] New Leica Macro-Elmar M 90/4
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 08:37:10 -0500

Gregoire

Sounds like you have plenty of qualifications.  Not that one needs them.  I
personally like your idea and think it is a valuable presentation, and
certainly more professional than the one Leica has presented on the R
Digital back.  Keep up the work on refining your ideas.

Gene

                      Grégoire Vandenschrick
                      <gregoire.vds@skynet.be>            To:       <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo        Subject:  Re: [Leica] New Leica Macro-Elmar M 90/4
                      -alto.ca.us

                      09/23/2003 05:08 AM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

Surely not an engineer, though it could help, No, I just had last september
my PHD thesis in Sciences.
For the optical, I played for fun under Oslo Lite and Zemax, so I can
understand a little bit optical design, and even software, optimisation and
so on
For the software, all my thesis was based on water stable isotopes
modelling
under Matlab, so software  and programmation is ok
For the silicon chip, I learned the basis in physic lessons, and I read
what
I can find on the sensor field.

Now, Walter Zapp had none of the required qualifications to conceptualize
and build the Minox ok!
I surely don't claim I'm genius, far away from me, this idea!

But why can't I think about the DigiBack because I'm not one of these
highly
qualified guys?!

And to let you know, I computed yesterday eve a mean to achieve angular
tolerance with CMOS, and it is working rather well, though not for the
Noctilux, which has enormous angles of light (+-30° in the center!). I will
maybe talk about this on the webpage if I can figure more precisely the
thing. But stop saying DigiBack is a dream because of the angular
tolerance - lens proximity problem, it makes me laugh now! For the corner,
things are in fact easier than in the center, for in the corner, the light
cone is quite steep, but not so big as in the center. Having computed this,
if we don't consider Noctilux (wich can be recorded on all the field,
without a problem, but not all the light intensity), All the lightrays
coming from the center, or the border of the pupils of all the other
leica-M
lenses can be conducted on the CMOS without vignetting. That's it, read it
again sam!

Gregoire Vandenschrick