Subject: Re: [Leica] It's All Done With Mirrors
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 14:52:33 -0700

Bill Clough wrote:

> USA
> TEXAS
> CORPUS CHRISTI
>
> OK--it's time for me to 'fess up.
>
>    Here's the exact sequence of events:
>
>    Monday: Finished shooting the roll
>    Tuesday: Took the film to the local supermarket
>    Wednesday: Picked the film up, only to find out what
>               I had been shooting was NOT a roll of T400CN
>               but a roll of Tri-X. Film sent to San Antonio
>               for processing. Should be back in 10-14
>               working days.
>    Thursday: PAWless--hence the mirror shot.
>
>    And, as I've already adequately demonstrated, my
> favorite film for 40 years, Tri-X, does not get along with
> the scanner, so even when the film is returned, the results
> will be questionable.
>
>    bill

ICE turned on? Turn it off then and that's the culprit!

Tri x has changed drastically over that time. I'm less nostalgic over
the present stuff than the Tri x i can print now shot in the 60's. IT's
just a different from itself as Neopan which is also a non T-grain film.
And if you are pushing try the 1600. You don't have to push. And the
stuffs cheap. That that that matters. Noting cheaper than Flim.

Peace love woodstock.
Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com