Subject: RE: [Leica] M6 0.85 classic question
From: "Buzz Hausner" <buzz.hausner@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 19:02:58 -0400

If you ask me, nothing makes it a collectors item.  Nonetheless, it is
beyond my powers to prevent some people from collecting them.  What
makes people THINK they could be a collector's item is that relatively
few...perhaps a bit over 3,000...were produced before Leica shut down
the M6 Classic line in favor of the TTL.  This madness may have started
with some guy who collected M6 .85 serial numbers and was the first to
point out their relative scarcity.  See Steve Gandy's site for details.
Three thousand sounds to me like a lot of bodies, but who am I to judge?

That said, however, the M6 Classic is my favorite Leica body and since I
use a ninety and a seventy five quite a bit, having an M6 .85 is worth a
       me.

	Buzz