Subject: Re: [Leica] Cameras FS New Store -- Speaking of Nikons
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 01:12:30 -0700

><Snip>
>
> They should have worked on it a bit longer. The matrix metering
> system (the first, or one of the very first) was a disaster unless
> you shot colour negative. The only deviation from centre weighted
> that it knew was overexposure. I tried shooting transparency film
> with it, and it was a disaster. It had the shortest tenure in my
> camera bag of any Nikon model. I replaced it with another FM.

I never owned one either I just had an FM and an FM2. Or have rather.
Their metering now is highly respected and may be one of the few areas
it has squarely over Canon. At least from what I can make out.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com

Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] Cameras FS New Store -- Speaking of Nikons)