Subject: Re: [Leica] Any way to use polarizing filter on old R lense made touse series 6 filters?
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 12:35:36 -0600

I am not sure if you are agreeing or remonstrating so:

Any SLR camera with a beam splitter for metering or AF needs a circular
polarizer. The R8, like many other non-AF SLRs, has a beam splitter for
metering. Some SLRs can use a linear polarizer. The Nikon FE and FM
series are one example (metering in the prism). The Nikon F3, metering
in the body, does require a circular polarizer.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Any way to use polarizing filter on old R lense made touseseries 6 filters?)