Subject: [Leica] Bill Gates and Mike Quinn: A Comparison in Sour Grapes
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infionline.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 18:38:28 -0400

At 08:59 PM 9/26/03 -0700, Mike Quinn wrote:
>Gates is a broker. He has never understood (good) programming, never updates
>unless forced to, prefers to buy up or drive out (rather than outprogram)
>the competition, and spends million to create (rather than meet) demand.
>
>He does price product within the reach of the consumer (after killing off
>the competition by giving it away until they fold).
>
>If leica followed the MS example, it would buy (or otherwise acquire)
>Minolta designs, degrade them a bit, and then spend lots of time and effort
>(1) preventing dealers from selling or stocking anything else and (2)
>secretly changing film to keep it from working correctly in competitor's
>cameras.

Well, Mike, I gather that you are not on close and warm terms with Bill Gates.

Despite your kvetching, Gates is a successful businessman and has
established an empire in the computer world.  He must know something about
this or he must employ those who DO kinow something about this.

Your missive sounds like sour grapes.  Are you embarrassed that you are
neither as smart nor as intelligent as he is?

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!