Subject: RE: [Leica] More digital comments
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 11:48:11 -0400

Absolutely, Doug.

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
[mailto:owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us] On Behalf Of Douglas
Herr
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 11:37 AM
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

bdcolen <bdcolen@earthlink.net> wrote:

> I would humbly suggest, Doug, that most people who shoot with a 50 1.4

> are far more interested in the in-focus areas than the bokeh.

BD, you are certainly entitled to your opinions and you have
demonstrated that you are quite willing to share them with the list :-)
but I am interested in the entire picture area and when one is using an
f/1.4 lens af full aperture it is very likely that some part of the
photo will be out of focus.  Fortunately neither you nor I have a
monopoly on the best or most valid opinion, which gives us the
tremendous variety of photos and photograhers on the list.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com